Blackmores MagMin is a highly bioavailable magnesium supplement suitable for the treatment and prevention of magnesium deficiencies. Blackmores MagMin may assist with the reduction of tiredness and fatigue due to inadequate dietary intake.
Features and benefits:
- Small sized tablet for ease of swallowing
- Suitable for use during pregnancy and lactation
Magnesium is an essential mineral that has many important roles in ensuring healthy physical function. Muscular, circulatory, nerve and insulin metabolism all need magnesium for proper function. Having enough calcium and magnesium is also important for healthy bone development.
Magnesium deficiency can occur due to:
- not enough dietary intake
- overconsumption of refined food
- having too much salt, alcohol, soft drinks or caffeine
- profuse sweating
- high frequency exercise
- prolonged stress
- vomiting or diarrhoea
- lack of sleep
- inadequate protein intake
Deficiencies are linked to a number of health conditions.
Magnesium aspartate is a water soluble form of magnesium, and has been shown in research to have better bio-availability and oral absorbability compared to some other forms.
Groups at risk of magnesium deficiency include:
- Indigenous communities
- aged over 65 years
- Athletes and those subjected to extraneous exercise
- high phytate, fibre or protein diets
Signs of magnesium deficiency include:
- loss of appetite
- muscle cramps or spasms