Blackmores Olive Leaf Extract helps to relieve coughs, colds and fluBlackmores Olive Leaf Extract is an easy to swallow liquid suitable for both adults and children, traditionally used for the relief of coughs, colds, flu, sore throats and to help reduce fevers.
Features and benefits
- Olive leaf extract is traditionally used for the relief of the symptoms of coughs, colds, flu and sore throats, and to help reduce fevers.
- Helps to maintain a healthy heart and cardiovascular system.
- Suitable for children over 2 years.
- No added sugar.
- Olive leaf extract is harvested from fresh olive leaves.
- Glass bottle to help minimise oxidation.
Olive leaf is naturally rich in the nutrients selenium, zinc, iron, vitamin C and betacarotene. These nutrients are important for the healthy functioning of the immune system and are important for good health.
Olive leaf contains a broad spectrum of strong antioxidants. A number of olive leaf's active constituents have demonstrated a high degree of antioxidant activity. In particular the constituent oleuropein has antioxidant activity that may contribute to a healthy heart and benefit the immune system.
Antioxidants act as ‘free-radical scavengers'. Free radicals are common in the body, arising through a variety of mechanisms. Research suggests that an accumulation of free radicals can result in cellular damage.